Care and respect, for you and for others
A little bit of care and respect makes you a better camper!
.Please read the information provided about the campground and familiarize yourself with the Rules, Regulations and Evacuation Plan (NB. At check-in, you'll need to sign off that you've read and understood these, so save some time and read them now. )
• This campground is not staffed.
• There is no mobile phone coverage at the campground; the closest reliable coverage is at Barrington village.
• The closest medical facility is the Gloucester Hospital located in Gloucester township.
• You are responsible for you and your party’s safety at all times.
• We reserve the right to remove any persons that do not adhere to the conditions that are set out below.
• The Steps Barrington is managed by Barrington Outdoor Adventure Centre Pty Ltd (BOAC).
• No domestic pets due to proximity of wildlife
• Drive with caution on Manchester Road which has loose gravel, a slippery surface and livestock may be present.
• All vehicles must keep to designated roads & obey speed limits
• No camping in the riparian zone (within the area 50m from the river bank). You may only camp in designated camping areas.
• Avoid camping under trees as branches may fall without warning.
• No open fires except in designated fire pits
• No motorbikes or loud machinery
• No loud music or obnoxious behaviour
• No firearms, hunting or shooting
• No littering
• No excessive alcohol or drugs
• Water at the amenities block is filtered to a potable standard. If you choose to use water direct from the river, health authorities recommend boiling for at least 10 minutes before drinking.
• The water tanks are not large capacity so please conserve water as much as possible.
• Please read, and comply with, the campfire rules and Campfire Policy
• Firewood is not to be scavenged from the property or neighbouring properties, this timber forms valuable habitat and is part of our rehabilitation works.
• Pre-ordered firewood will be delivered to your campsite on the afternoon of your arrival. You can preorder online when booking or by calling our office on 0265582093.
• You are responsible for knowing the fire danger rating and if a fire ban is in effect. Please water all fires when not in use to prevent embers from spreading.
• Help us to recycle your recyclables by separating your rubbish according to the labels of the bins provided, no-one wants to go dumpster diving to sort food waste from glass/plastics.
Toilets and Showers:
• All wastewater is treated onsite in our worm farm system. Please only place organic materials in the system, no wipes, bleach, plastics or personal items. Sanitary bins are provided in the female toilets.
• Cleaning equipment is provided for you to clean the amenities block after use. Please leave this area as you would like to find it. If supplies are running low, please notify a staff member where possible.
• Please respect others and keep showers to a 3 minute maximum to ensure there is warm water for all.
• Caravans must collect both black water and grey water. The nearest dump point is in Gloucester opposite the swimming pool.
• All vehicles must keep to designated roads.
• Please drive slowly keeping an eye out for children and mountain bikers.
• Give way and show patience to other road users.
• Excessive noise will not be tolerated.
• General music is permitted until 9 pm, low level music is permitted until 12pm, all music must be turned off after this time.
• The number one rule is that if your noise is interfering with someone else's enjoyment it must cease.
• If someone asks you to turn it off, do so.
• Never ever dive into any river water.
• We strongly recommend the use of life jackets to any persons entering the water.
• All children to be supervised at all times near and in the river.
• Be aware that the strength of the current varies greatly with the river level and can change overnight. Ensure that you are confident to swim against the current before entering the water.
• Be considerate of other river users i.e. swimmers, kayakers
General Warning and Exclusion of Liability for Mountain Bike Trails:
• Mountain biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk. Undertaking this activity may result in injury or death to the person and/or property loss or damage. The activity should only be undertaken with a full understanding of all inherent risks. These guidelines must always be used in conjunction with the exercise of your own experience, intuition and careful judgment. Children should be accompanied by an adult at all times and should be monitored for fatigue regularly. Protective clothing and equipment is recommended for all riders. Bike helmets must be worn at all times. Normal road rules apply. These trails are designed for modern mountain bikes only. You must ensure your equipment is suitable for the terrain, is safe and is serviced. Barrington Outdoor Adventure Centre takes no responsibility for failed, lost or damaged equipment.
Fires and Floods/Evacuation Plan:
• In the event of an emergency all persons are required to leave the property under the direction of Authorised personnel. (BOAC Staff, Police, RFS)
• If authorised personnel are unavailable please make your way in an orderly manner off the property.
• We reserve the right to relocate campers for their own safety.
Tracks and walkways:
• Please be considerate of other users i.e. walkers, bikers.
• Shelters must be booked in advance; they are not for general use. Please see our price guide for The Large Shelter and Small Shelter at a per night rate.
Out of Bounds Areas:
• Storage sheds are strictly out of bounds to all campers.
• Riverview Cottage may be hired separately and is strictly out of bounds if not booked by a member of your group.
• During wet weather, vehicles are not permitted on the grass areas. Please park your car in a car park and carry your camping equipment to your campground. This will prevent the campground being damaged.
• Maximum stay is 14 days at any one time.